Friday, September 21, 2012

Appreciation



We started a tradition today. Each Friday we will begin our day with sharing an "appreciation" for one of our class members. We are trying to think beyond our immediate friendships to people we might not usually get a chance to compliment. We are looking for acts during the week that help our class to be a better community. My intention for this tradition is to help us notice the kind things that happen in class. I also think that it is a time that we see our ideas and values in action in the small acts of each day.

"I appreciate you because you gave me lost of good feedback on my ideas."

"He always helps clean up."

"He apologized after he the soccer ball he kicked hit me in the face."

"You are great at listening at circle. You raise your and and listen quietly when others are talking."

"I appreciate that he apologized to the whole class after his silly day on Wednesday."

"I like how he always makes peace and doesn't want to fight."

"I appreciate that he always gives people comments and that helps other people give other people comments and it makes our class a better place to be."

"She contributes helpful ideas to our class."

"You help our community stay on topic."

"You do a great job at paying attention and for that I say thank you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment