Friday, April 26, 2013

Forest Data

We've worked hard all year to observe the creek and collect data.
The time has come to start representing.
 
The experience is helping provide valuable lessons as the children think
about what is going well and what they wish they had considered along the way.

"I have the same date twice on my page! I don't know which one is right."
"I have 1 degree on here and I know that cannot be right."
"I lost my recordings for a few weeks."

These are the lessons that young scientists can only truly learn from experiencing it.
Adults can remind the children a thousand times to bring a certain tool
or keep track of data, but the children only begin to care from
an authentic place of wishing they had _________."

Soon we will look at all of our data so see what we notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment