Monday, October 7, 2013

Trout Tank: First Visit

We went over to the middle school to check out the trout tank for the first time. We will be back soon because the eggs are supposed to hatch!

http://mssciencessp.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-trout-eggs-have-arrived-they-are-so.html#comment-form

"No offense to the trout, but they look like what I imagine a germ to look like!"

"I was surprised how SMALL they were!"

"They looked like eyeballs."

"I did not think there were going to be THAT many eggs."

"I thought there were going to be MORE!"

"More than 200!?!"

"They were really cute! But I felt really bad for the rotting ones."

"Me too. But at least in the tank they have a much better survival rate."

"If our eggs match the usual results, we should have about .... 50 eggs hatch!"

"I want to see them hatch!"

"What will the actual survival rate be? Will it be more than 50? Less than 50?"

"I hope the non-fungus eggs survive. I hope no more get fungus."

"Once you get fungus, can you get rid of it? Is there medicine?"




No comments:

Post a Comment